More content input? Visit the CCW18
The course aims to make you comfortable with elementary web development, so you can tinker under the hood and play around with the design and code of your website without the help of a designer or programmer.
You’ll learn to read, inspect and edit code and together with the basic principles of design and typography you’ll learn to style your blog theme and make your site look beautiful, all the while improving the user experience of your readers.
What you can expect to learn in this workshop:
• An introduction to html & css: what it is, how it works and how to use it
• Basic design and typography principles
• How to inspect and edit code, along with cheatsheets to make it super easy
• Tips and tricks to edit the design of your site to make it represent your brand
Who’s this workshop for:
• Anyone who would like to learn some programming and design basics – even if you don’t have a blog or website yet
What you should bring:
• A laptop with internet connection
Barbara’s been working in communication design for nearly a decade, honing in her skills in ux and web design at a leading tech start-up in London. She’s lectured at the University of Pretoria and spoken at South Africa’s esteemed Design Indaba Conference and currently works as a photographer, stylist and blogger for her interior- and lifestyle blog soonafternoon.com.
Questions or booking request? Feel free to ask.